KSVDL offers the following toxicology tests:
- Blue-green algae testing
- Testing for lead on whole blood (EDTA)
- Testing for nitrates on water, serum, and ocular fluid
- Trace Mineral and Heavy Metal Testing
- GCMS Toxicant Screen
- Serum Vitamin A and E
Blue-green Algae Resources
LISTEN: Drs. Steve Ensley and Scott Fritz address Blue-green Algae on "Ask the Expert" with Beckie Mossor, RVT, on the Clinician's Brief.
- LISTEN: KSVDL Toxicologist Steve Ensley visits with Eric Atkinson on Agriculture Today. Dr. Ensley reports on the potential for blue-green algae in farm ponds around Kansas: he says conditions are ripe for those toxic algae blooms to form, and he advises livestock producers on taking precautions to prevent their herds from encountering this serious health threat. Listen to the report.
- READ: Blue-green Algae Season is Approaching - what to look for and how to submit samples.
- WATCH: VIDEO: Blue-green Algae Toxicity
All other toxicology testing will be referred to other laboratories during this transition. Questions? Contact Client Services at (785) 532-5650, toll free at 1-866-512-5650, or email@example.com.
Information and Emergency Services
Animal owners needing immediate, emergency services should contact their local veterinary hospital/clinic directly. Animal owners in the Manhattan, KS area may call the KSU Veterinary Health Center Emergency Desk at (785) 532 4100. Specialized animal poisoning emergency advice can also be obtained 24/7 from the ASPCA Animal Poisoning Hotline at (888) 426 4435; and the Pet Poison Helpline at (800) 213 6680. These services may charge a fee.
If human poisoning is involved or suspected, please call the American Association of Poison Control Centers at (800) 222-1222.
If you have questions about a specific test conducted by this lab, please contact Client Services at (785) 532-5650, toll free at 1-866-512-5650 or firstname.lastname@example.org for special testing submission and fees.