KSVDL Personnel Activities
- Padmanabhan A, Hause BM. Detection and characterization of a novel genotype of porcine astrovirus 4 from nasal swabs from pigs with acute respiratory disease.
Arch Virol. 2016 Jun 21
- Rachel M. Palinski, Zhenhai Chen, Jamie N. Henningson, Yuekun Lang, Raymond R. R. Rowland, Ying Fang, John Prickett, Phillip C. Gauger and Ben M. Hause. Widespread detection and characterization of porcine parainfluenza virus 1 in pigs in the USA. Journal of General Virology 2016 97: 281-286.
- Hause BM, Myers O, Duff J, Hesse RA. Senecavirus A in Pigs, United States, 2015 Emerg Infect Dis. 2016 Jul;22(7):1323-5. doi: 10.3201/eid2207.151591.
- Abdou Nagy, Jinhwa Lee, Ignacio Mena, Jamie Henningson, Yuhao Li, Jingjiao Ma, Michael Duff, Yonghai Li, Yuekun Lang, Jianmei Yang,Fatma Abdallah, Juergen Richt, Ahmed Ali, Adolfo García-Sastre, Wenjun Ma. Recombinant Newcastle disease virus expressing H9 HA protects chickens against heterologous avian influenza H9N2 virus challenge. Vaccine: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2016.04.022
- Mitra N, Cernicchiaro N, Torres S, Li F, Hause BM. Metagenomic characterization of the virome associated with bovine respiratory disease in feedlot cattle identified novel viruses and suggests an etiologic role for influenza D virus. J Gen Virol. 2016 May 5. doi: 10.1099/jgv.0.000492.
- Hause BM, Palinski R, Hesse R, Anderson G. Highly diverse posaviruses in swine faeces are aquatic in origin. J Gen Virol. 2016 Jun;97(6):1362-7. doi: 10.1099/jgv.0.000461. Epub 2016 Mar 22.
- Drs. Jamie Henningson, Giselle Cino, Sanjeev Narayanan and Brad Njaa presented at the Davis-Thomson Foundation for the Advancement of Veterinary and Comparative Pathology 43rd Annual Pathology Course held at the Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Manhattan, KS.
- Dr. Brian Lubbers presented, BRD Diagnostics: Testing and Trends at the Texas Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory’s Bovine Respiratory Disease Seminar in Amarillo, TX.
- Dr. Brian Lubbers presented, Antibiotic Regulations and Antibiotic Resistance in Cattle Production at the Noble Foundation Cattlemen’s VFD Meeting – Ardmore, OK.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek gave an Anaplasmosis update at the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association meeting in Denver, CO.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented Managing Neonatal Health to the attendees at the National Dexter Cattle Association meeting in Salina, KS.
- Outbreak of summer pneumonia in unweaned beef calves on pasture
- Sudden death in multiple beef calves and cows housed on native pasture
- Multi-year reproductive failure in a cow-calf operation