Tips for Shipping Samples in the Summer
There are five things to consider when shipping samples in the summer: ice packs, absorbent padding, paperwork, insulation, and shipping. Use the following tips to ensure your samples arrive cool and collected:
- All samples except fixed tissue and InPouches or Trich tubes need to have enough ice packs to keep them cold until they arrive at the lab
- Use paper towels, newspaper or cloth towels to protect fragile contents and to help absob in case of a break or leak
- Place submission forms in a plastic bag to protect from melting ice packs
- Use an insulated cooler box to make sure ice packs last as long as possible (a recycled box that your clinic saves or new boxes that you order just for your samples. If you need a box, KSVDL offers an insulated return box for $11. Every time we receive this box we automatically ship it back to your clinic (after taking the samples out) so that it can be reused.
- Overnight shipping is highly recommended (KSVDL offers discounted UPS labels to help you out with the cost of shipping). You can order these 2 ways, online at KSVDL.org and click on Create UPS Labels or by contacting Client Care.
For questions or more information, please contact Client Care at 866-512-5650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.