KSVDL Personnel Activities
- Jamie N. Henningson, Daniela S. Rajao, Pravina Kitikoon, Alessio Lorusso, Marie R. Culhane, Nicola S. Lewis, Tavis K. Anderson, Amy L. Vincent. Comparative virulence of wild-type H1N1pdm09 influenza A isolates in swine. Veterinary Microbiology, Volume 176, Issues 1–2, 23 March 2015, Pages 40–49.
- Kukanich KS, Lubbers BV. Review of Enterococci Isolated from Canine and Feline Urine Specimens from 2006 to 2011. J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. In Press. DOI: 10.5326/JAAHA-MS-6070
- Lubbers BV. Using Individual Animal Susceptibility Test Results in Bovine Practice. Vet Clin Food Anim. 2015; 31.
- Ran Z, Shen H, Lang Y, Kolb EA, Turan N, Zhu L, Ma J, Bawa B, Liu Q, Liu H, Quast M, Sexton G, Krammer F, Hause BM, Christopher-Hennings J, Nelson EA, Richt J, Li F, Ma W. Domestic pigs are susceptible to infection with influenza B viruses. J Virol. 2015 Feb 11. pii: JVI.00059-15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Thomas M, Wang Z, Sreenivasan CC, Hause BM, Gourapura J Renukaradhya, Li F, Francis DH, Kaushik RS, Khatri M. Poly I:C adjuvanted inactivated swine influenza vaccine induces heterologous protective immunity in pigs. Vaccine. 2015 Jan 15;33(4):542-8. doi: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.11.034.
- Lubbers BV, Turnidge J. (Invited Review) Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing for Bovine Respiratory Disease: Getting More from the Diagnostic Results. Vet J. 2015; 2.
- Collin EA, Sheng Z, Lang Y, Ma W, Hause BM, Li F. Cocirculation of two distinct genetic and antigenic lineages of proposed influenza D virus in cattle. J Virol. 2015 Jan 15;89(2):1036-42. doi: 10.1128/JVI.02718-14.
- Dr. Jennifer Lehr and KSUCVM students helped check in animals at the Alpaca Owners Association National Show and Auction in Grand Island, Nebraska.
- Dr. Brian Lubbers presented the title "Veterinary Feed Directives" at the Suther Feeds Advisory Board Meeting in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Dr. Lubbers presented to the Kansas Farm Bureau – Commodities conference "Changes in Antimicrobial Use: Where are we? Where are we headed?" in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Drs. William Fortney and Gregg Hanzlicek presented information summarizing a recent Trich research project, BVD testing, bovine nitrate sampling at the SW District KVMA meeting in Garden City, Kansas.
- Dr. Lubbers attended the National Institute for Animal Agriculture Antibiotics Council and presented the "2014 NIAA Antibiotics Symposium Summary." in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Dr. Hanzlicek presented “Anaplasmosis: Disease and Control” at the Reno County Cattlemen’s Annual meeting in Hutchinson, Kansas.
- Dr. Hanzlicek presented “Bovine Neonatal Scours: Prevention and Treatment” at the Kansas State Research and Extension Calving Schools in Manhattan and Dighton, Kansas.
- KSVDL had a booth at the Kansas State University Animal Science and Industry Cattlemen’s Day in Manhattan, Kamsas.
- Dr. Hanzlicek conducted several BRANDS™ Beef Nutrition wet labs with KSU-CVM students
- Dr. Brian Lubbers will be presenting "Using Custom Susceptibility Plates to Solve Unique AST Challenges" at The Learning Edge – 2015 Clinical Microbiology Discovery Days, Sponsored by: Thermo-Fisher, Overland Park, Kansas.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will be presenting at the K-State Animal Science and Industry Physiology-Animal Breeding Seminar, "Field Disease Investigations: The Process Required to Optimize a Positive Outcome."
Recent KSVDL Field Investigations
- Diarrhea and respiratory issues on a replacement rearing facility
- Poor reproductive performance in a commercial dairy
Next Article: CE and Holiday Schedule
Return to Index