KSVDL Outreach Activities
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek. “Diagnosing and Managing Johne’s Disease in Cow-Calf Operations.” Beef Cattle & Forage Crops Field Day. K-State Research and Extension. May 7. Mound Valley, Kansas.
- Drs. William Fortney and Gregg Hanzlicek. Several small animal and bovine topics. North East District KVMA. May 12. Mayetta, Kansas.
- Drs. Ben Hause and Jamie Henningson. Showcased their expertise in genotyping and immunohistochemistry. Research Facilities and Resources Showcase. May 13. Manhattan, Kansas.
- Dr. Jianfa Bai, “Updates on detection methods development and validation.” 2015 STEC CAP Conference. June 3-5. Manhattan, Kansas.
- Drs. Kelli Almes, Jamie Henningson, and Jerome Nietfeld. “Field Diagnostics.” 77th Annual Conference for Veterinarians. June 7. Manhattan, Kansas.
- Drs. Jianfa Bai, Steven Henry, Elizabeth Poulsen,and Dick Hesse. “How sequencing can help in PRRS management?” Symposium of Computational Resources for Swine Viral Diseases (organized by USDA-National Centers for Animal Health). June 8-15. Ames, Iowa.
- Drs. Jianfa Bai, Xuming Liu and Mirjana Kozulic. QIAxcel® “System and Multiplex PCR for STEC Virulence Gene Detection and Serogroup Differentiation.” WAVLD 17th International Symposium June 15-18. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Increased displaced abomasum incidence in a dairy herd
- Annual Johne’s Risk Assessment in four western Kansas dairy herds