KSVDL Personnel Activities
- Dr. Gary Anderson attended the annual meeting of the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) and U.S. Animal Health Association (USAHA) where he chaired the Strategic Planning Committee and co-chaired the AAVLD/USAHA Committee on Diagnostic Laboratory and Veterinary Workforce Development October 22-28.
- Dr. Melinda Wilkerson presented Flow Cytometry and Clonality Cases to Demonstrate Diagnostic Rewards and Challenges at the ACVP/ASVCP/STP annual meeting in Minneapolis.
- The paper titled, Bayesian Geostatistical Analysis and Ecoclimatic Determinants of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis Infection among Horses by Drs. Courtney Boysen, Elizabeth G. Davis, Laurie A. Beard, Brian V. Lubbers, Ram K. Raghavan was published in PLoS. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0140666
- Dr. Kelli Almes participated in the KSU Student Chapter of the American Association of Bovine Practitioners rounds and necropsy wet-lab.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek with practitioner Dr. Russ Van Meter conducted a Johne’s Risk Assessment for a North Central Kansas cow-calf producer.
- Dr Anderson will be participating in a swine research coordination meeting sponsored by the recently established Swine Health Information Center (SHIC) November 17 and 18 in Chicago. The Center’s Executive Director, Dr. Paul Sundberg will convene a meeting of USDA and veterinary diagnostic laboratories to discuss and plan emerging and foreign pathogen research that will be supported by the SHIC.
- Dr. Ben Hause will be presenting Metagenomic Analysis, Uses for the Swine Veterinarian at the North Carolina Swine Veterinary Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Dr. Ben Hause will be presenting a poster titled Metagenomic Analysis of the Virome Associated with Respiratory Disease in Mexican and North American Cattle at the Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases Annual Conference in Nebraska City, Nebraska.
- Dr. Ben Hause will present Discovery of a Novel Putative Atypical Porcine Pestivirus in Pigs in the United States at the Conference for Research Workers in Animal Diseases in Chicago, Illinois.
- Dr. Ben Hause will presenting a series of talks titled Research That Matters at the North American PRRS Symposium in Chicago, Illinois.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will present Anaplasmosis for the Cow-calf Producer at the North Central Kansas State Research and Extension meeting in Beloit, Kansas.
- Dr. Jianfa Bai presented ORF5 Sequencing Indicated PRRS Strain Shifting in the Field at the 96th Annual Conference of Research Workers in Animal Disease in Chicago, Illinois.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will be presenting BRD Resistance Trends at Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory at the Cattle Feeders Roundtable in Garden City, Kansas.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will present an Anaplasmosis Informational Discussion at the combined McPherson County, Reno County, Harvey County, and Marion County K-State Research and Extension Meeting in Inman, Kansas.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will present Johne’s Disease Basics for Cow-calf Producers at the Larned Veterinary Clinic’s Client Appreciation Dinner in Larned, Kansas.
Dr. Jianfa Bai will present Co-detection of Different Genotypes of FMDV, ASFV and CSFV with a High-Throughput MassTag System at the Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases Annual Conference in Nebraska City, Nebraska