KSVDL Personnel Activities
- Duration of serum antibody response to rabies vaccination in horses. Alison M. Harvey; Johanna L. Watson; Stephanie A. Brault; Judy M. Edman; Susan M. Moore; Philip H. Kass W. David Wilson. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, Vol 249 Issue 4, 411-418, 2016
- Comparison of parasitic mite retrieval methods in a population of community cats. Milley C, Dryden M, Rosenkrantz W, Griffin J, Reeder CJ Feline Med Surgery 1-8 Jun, 2016 (epub)
- Evaluation of fluralaner and afoxolaner treatments to control flea populations, reduce pruritus and minimize dermatologic lesions in naturally infested dogs in private residences in west central Florida USA. Dryden MW, Canfield MS, Kalosy K, Smith A, Crevoiserat L, McGrady JC, Foley KM, Green K, Tebaldi C, Smith V, Bennett T, Heaney K, Math L, Royal C, Sun F. Parasites & Vectors 9:365, 2016
- Is there a risk for introducing porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) through the legal importation of pork? Niederwerder, M.C., and R.R.R. Rowland. Food Environ Virol doi:10.1007/s12560-016-9259-z, 2016
- Heterogeneous Associations of Ecological Attributes with Tick-Borne Rickettsial Pathogens in a Periurban Landscape. Raghavan RK, Goodin DG, Dryden MW, Hroobi A, Gordon DM, Cheng C, Nair AD, Jakkula LUMR, Hanzlicek GA, Anderson GA, Ganta RR. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Disease 16(9):569-576, 2016.
- A randomized field study comparing differences in core-body temperature, health, and performance in crossbred beef heifers administered two antimicrobial products given upon arrival at a stocker facility. Gregg A. Hanzlicek; Dale A. Blasi; Brandon E. Oleen; Gary A. Anderson. The Professional Animal Scientist, August Vol 32 Issue 4, 389-399, 2016
- Dr. Jianfa Bai was invited to speak at the Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory on “Improving diagnostic sensitivity by using current database in molecular assay development” at Plum Island.
- Dr. William Fortney and Beth Mcquade manned the KSVDL exhibit and participated in the rabies human titer blood drawing booth at the AVMA Convention in San Antonio, TX.
- Dr. Michael Dryden spoke at the American Veterinary Medical Association on ”Evaluation of fluralaner and afoxolaner treatments to control flea populations, reduce pruritus and minimize dermatologic lesions in naturally infested dogs in private residences in West Central FL. USA”.
- Dr. Mike Moore assisted in the KSU-CVM Birthing Center at the Kansa State Fair in Hutchison, KS.
- Dr. Michael Dryden presented several topics at the Central Veterinary Conference in Kansas City: 1) “Latest advances in oral therapies for flea and tick control”, 2) “Controlling intestinal parasites from a public health perspective”, 3) “Heartworm: Why is prevention better than treatment?”, 4) “Clinical Management of Flea Infestations and FAD: Do you have skin in the game?”.
- Dr. Dick Hesse presented a research proposal to the National Pork Board-Swine Health Committee in St. Louis, MO.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “Johne’s disease in Cow-Calf Operations” and “An Update on Anaplasmosis” at the Bovine Health Update meeting sponsored by Larned Veterinary Clinic in Larned, KS.
- Dr. Megan Niederwerder will present a PRRSV/PCV2 research update at the 2016 K-State Swine Day in Manhattan, KS.
- Dr. Megan Niederwerder will present “Microbiome associations in pigs with the best and worst clinical outcomes following co-infection with porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) and porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2)” in the Research Highlights Session at the Allen D. Leman Swine Conference in St. Paul, MN.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “Anaplasmosis diagnosis and control” at the Next Generation Veterinarian meeting sponsored by Boeringer Ingelheim in Kansas City, MO.
- Dr. William Fortney, Dr. Mike Moore & Beth Mcquade manned the KSVDL exhibit and participated in the rabies human titer blood drawing booth at the CVC Convention in Kansas City, MO.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek presented “VFD for the beef producer” to producers in Fort Scott and Parsons, KS sponsored by K-State Research and Extension.
- Dr. William Fortney was the KSVDL exhibitor representative at the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association Convention in Columbus, OH.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will present “Veterinary Feed Directive” at the SEK Genetics client appreciation dinner in Parsons, KS.
- Dr. Gregg Hanzlicek will present “Veterinary Feed Directive” in Stockton and Hill City, KS.
- Less than optimal reproductive efficiency in a large purebred cow-calf herd
- Sudden death in yearling beef calves on pasture
- Kansas cow-calf anaplasmosis herd-prevalence, strain differentiation, and management study. Gregg A. Hanzlicek, Mark Spare, Ram K. Raghavan, Daniel U. Thomson, Gary A. Anderson, Roman R. Ganta