KSVDL offers the following toxicology tests:
- Blue-green algae testing
- Testing for lead on whole blood (EDTA)
- Testing for nitrates on water, serum, and ocular fluid
- Trace Mineral and Heavy Metal Testing
- GCMS Toxicant Screen
- Serum Vitamin A and E
- and many more!
New Toxicology Tests!
- Mycotoxin Panel/Single Mycotoxin
- Ionophore Panel/Single Ionophore
- Anticoagulant Panel
- Ergot Alkaloid Panel
Blue-green Algae Resources
- LISTEN: Improving Livestock Poisoning Response on Agriculture Today Drs. Steve Ensley and Bob Larson outline a new initiative out of the K-State College of Veterinary Medicine, funded by a new USDA grant, which will greatly enhance the response to livestock toxicity cases.
- NEWS UPDATE: Blue-green algae presents dangers to livestock:
K-State expert cautions stagnant water can lead to toxic blooms in watering ponds (July 21, 2020)
LISTEN: Drs. Steve Ensley and Scott Fritz address Blue-green Algae on "Ask the Expert" with Beckie Mossor, RVT, on the Clinician's Brief.
- LISTEN: KSVDL Toxicologist Steve Ensley visits with Eric Atkinson on Agriculture Today. Dr. Ensley reports on the potential for blue-green algae in farm ponds around Kansas: he says conditions are ripe for those toxic algae blooms to form, and he advises livestock producers on taking precautions to prevent their herds from encountering this serious health threat. Listen to the report.
- READ: Blue-green Algae Season is Approaching - what to look for and how to submit samples.
- WATCH: VIDEO: Blue-green Algae Toxicity